rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Sheldon Hall and Zulu
Mike Grigg

It may be short notice, but this coming Thursday 6th April 7.15pm at the Mac cinema, Cannon Hill Park, Edgbaston, Birmingham. They are showing Zulu. The screening is followed by a talk by Sheldon Hall, author of the recent book: With some guts behind it, The making of the epic movie. �4.50, with concessions of �3.50. It'll be great to watch the movie on the big screen, Sheldon Hall is a bonus.

Hope to see some Brummy enthusiasts at the showing.... Smile

Does this event usualy get packed out, don't want to turn up and find i cant get in. plus gotta find the place as well, will be travelling to Brummie by train.
SHELDON HALL AND ZULU
ayr41

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY OTHER SCREENINGS AND VISITS FROM SHELDON COMING TO Scotland OR THE BORDERS? WOULD LOVE TO GET THE CHANCE TO SEE THIS GREAT FILM ON THE BIG SCREEN.
margaret mcfarlane

Hi Mike and everybody else,
I'm hoping to attend. I went to the Sheffield showing which was great and Sheldon's talk added a lot to the experience. Hope to see you there,
Margaret McF
Sheldon Hall

So I'm a bonus feature, eh? Good to know! My talk after the screening at Brum tomorrow will be a lot shorter than the Sheffield one, though I will be showing a different video clip for added value. That's assuming I can find the venue...

No other similar events are confirmed as yet, but I am planning others in the summer, including screenings in Scotland, Wales and the South!

Sheldon
Alekudemus

Hi Sheldon,
I am glad you are planning a Welsh screening and talk. There is still much interest in my area. My local Family History Society has even had a speaker on the subject. Hope venues are found soon Very Happy
Mike Grigg

To anybody who is attending this viewing, and not quite sure the exact location, go to the main entrance of the Edgbaston County Cricket Grounds, Edgbaston Road. Opposite 50yds to your left is a large car park on Canon Hill Park. Park up and the cinema is by the large duck pond. If you want to phone the cinema, Tel: 0121 440 3838, or website www.macarts.co.uk

See you there.

Sheldon, hope your bringing some books to the showing tonight, I was going to buy one anyway, but it would be nice to buy one signed. Also are you going to mention Rorkesdriftvc.com there are a lot of people out there who would love our site.

Way to go fellows..you guys are lucky... if I was there I'd grab a tix and be there to take it in on the big screen myself.....And I know the audience have got one of the best for cinema background with Shel...also just for nostalgia ... would be nice to also invite the actor who played the Brummie kid soldier (name escapes me w/o the book!) who got it in the back after laying down those wooden stakes for fire estimation!...
Alekudemus

Hi Rich. Wouldn't he feel a bit lost with it being Zulu and he being in Zulu Dawn. And I also think it was the bullet that was from Birmingham not the boy. But I may be wrong....
Mike Grigg

Final one on this matter, excelent evening, the cinema was three qtr full with people all ages young and old. The film lived up to its expectations on the big screens, and Sheldon was excelent in his presentation and story's. Well recomend a visit if he comes to a town near you. Bought the book, which Sheldon kindly signed, when I've read it I will post my thoughts in book review. Cool

Alek...I believe you are right!!!
Alekudemus

Me being right? That'll be a first for me on this forum Wink
Sheldon Hall and Zulu