rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
buessl

Hi Stangeloop

thank you for your comments. No there will be no addons! But if the game is a success we planned a serie of several battles and wars. An addon for this game makes no scence.

Regards

Lukas
ZTW_julian

I have never heard of this game. Exactly what type of game will it be? Also, although that is a nice model it looks like something imported from poser, way too many polys for any game I know. Unless you are only modelling characters to position them for sprites?

Regards,

Julian
Dewi Evans

Hi Julian,

Could you please clarify what you mean by:-

Unless you are only modelling characters to position them for sprites?
Confused

Regards,

Dewi.
buessl

Hi Julian

the game will be a strategic game. You did not hear anything because it's still in development and we did not big commercial yet. We keep you informed about everthing new.

Yes, the polys are to high for the game and will be reduced. The modell will be used for other stuff (Website, Cover, Wallpapers etc.). On the website, we planned a 360� view of each Uniform presented at Rorke's Drift, same with Zulu.

If I was not clear enough sorry!

Regards

Lukas
Coll

Lukas

When you say other battles and wars, could that maybe include the Alamo, which, like Rorke's Drift, was a fortified position held by a small number of defenders, surrounded by an enemy that outnumbers them greatly ?

This would be a very interesting battle to cover, the Alamo Mission itself was a very recognisable feature and if recreated in 3D would look superb.

Also, creating 3D images of the senior officers, Travis, Crockett and Bowie, would be a great addition.

Coll
buessl

Hi Coll

this could include also Alamo. But before we think about the second game we will finish the first. If the first one is a success we think about the second part.

But Alamo is indeed a good idea!

Regards

Lukas
Coll

Lukas

Any updates on the Rorke's Drift game ?

I'm finding there's too much going on in the RTW/BI strategy games I obtained, as Tom516 was going to create a Zulu War mod of it.

There appears to be a great deal of detail on your models, and the smaller battlefield of Rorke's Drift may give a bit more control for the player over the events. I think they'd feel more involved.

I do hope you may consider the Alamo, as recent titles I have obtained and ordered, are interesting me greatly in that engagement.

I look forward to your reply.

Thankyou

Coll
Support for missing Uniforms style/ New Picture Added