rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
A Game Featuring the Zulu Nation!
LordAdam

The expansion pack called Empire Earth 2:The Art of Supremacy features the zulu nation! But you have to buy the first game Empire Earth 2 to be able to play it. http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/260111.asp
Go there for more info on the game. Enjoy.
Tom516

The Zulus actually do get their share of gameplay time in RTS type games. Empire Earth isn't alone - there's also the very popular and well done Rise of Nations which is pretty similar to EE and was at least more stable than EE's first incarnation (not too sure about EE2 but it seems to be getting good reviews so far). However, that being said, I've never been a fan of RTS type games except for Age of Kings because of its highly versatile and powerful scenario editor (there's even an AZW mod for that game!! - and the Aztecs in their Conquerors expansion set could probably be modified into Zulu warriors) and Rome Total War which technically I feel isn't a pure RTS type game - it plays a lot better. RTS generally means you build up massive armies and flood your enemy with troops until he surrenders - or you 'rush' them with as many troops as you can quickly muster and hope you can knock him out early. But basically it's a build-fest. No real strategy involved. Rome TW is different in a splendid way - the building, economics and battlefield strategic portions are neatly separated so it doesn't degenerate into a rush or swamp fest.

Just my two cents,

Caleb

has anyone played the art of supremacy yet, I've heard the battle of rorke's drift is in it
ZTW_julian

I actually really liked empire earth but rise of nations was better in my opinion. I am not going to buy them just because of the Zulu faction but I can tell you now that once you reach the age of "enlightenment" it does get pretty close to AZW style battles. Very Happy

Regards,

Julian
A Game Featuring the Zulu Nation!