rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Rare Making of Zulu film screenings
filmmaker

Some really exciting news - I have bought the Making of Zulu film from Dr Pinto - footage and copyright now belong to me. I am in the process of cleaning the 16mm print before transferring it to a screenable format. I will then be embarking on organising screenings around the country for interested groups, and with the 50th coming up, it's the perfect time.

The 26 minute film shows amazing scenes of the cast and crew, including arriving and disembarking at Johannesburg airport, driving off to location in convoy, the sets being built in the Royal Natal National Park, the costume department hand-making the Zulu costumes and the British military outfits being fitted for cast. The film's producer Joseph Levine and the director Cy Endfield are shown behind the cameras talking and discussing with cast and crew including Stanley Baker, Michael Caine, Jack Hawkins and Ulla Jacobsson. The cameras roll and shoot what are now classic scenes from "Zulu" including Michael Caine's arrival on horseback, Stanley Baker organising the troops, the burning of the hospital at Rorke's Drift and the big Zulu attack.

To register your interest in any forthcoming screenings, please go to www.zulufilmstore.com and email your details.
timothylrose

Think I have sent you an email on this - but your site doesn't give an automated reply etc - we are being asked to do somethings to mark the 50th ourselves - so drop me a line - we may be able to cooperate as they say!

Atb - Tim
filmmaker

Tim please email me at [email protected]
The Scorer

I have sent you an e-mail asking to be advised of any filmings in South Wales or the West Country.

Smile
The Scorer

Has anyone heard anything more about these, please?

I haven't received a reply to my e-mail ... has anyone else?

Thanks.

Smile
The Scorer

The Scorer wrote:
Has anyone heard anything more about these, please? I haven't received a reply to my e-mail ... has anyone else?
Thanks. Smile

I've now heard the following from Filmmaker: "No screenings in Bristol or SE Wales as yet - there was / is a Stanley Baker season in Cardiff and Lady Baker requested a screening of my footage, but it was too late to programme. You're on my list, and I'll let you know when something has been planned."

So, no news is good news ... !

Smile
Rare Making of Zulu film screenings