rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
ZULU - With some guts behind it - Book
leightarrant

Sheldon's book - Worth a fortune nowadays. Seen online second hand for �100 upwards, also seen on the net new for �1200..... Is there an updated version due out soon to mark 50 years since the films first release.
Peter Ewart

And yet, with seven copies on offer at Amazon for under �200, including two at under �100, it almost seems widely and cheaply available compared with a few months ago. That more expensive copy - and these others too - may be on offer at those prices, but doesn't necessarily mean they'll sell at that level. (And if the sellers opt to use Amazon's automatic mechanism to chase prices down, they could all be be at 1p soon!)

Have you noticed Julian's Roll Call on offer at around �640? Now some works obviously gain value as they become older or rarer, but each edition of England's Sons should surely make the Roll Call more obsolete. The vendor obviously knows little about its successors. More realistic, perhaps, is Julian's A Lost English County, offered at between �20 and �50!

The other day I saw one of the works I produced nearly 30 years ago on offer at around �140 or so (US seller) whereas it usually appears at around �20-�40. Not holding my breath, nor scrambling about the cupboards for forgotten strays!

P.
ZULU - With some guts behind it - Book