rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Rorke's Drift Box Set - Warlord Games
Coll

Whilst looking for any accessories I could add to my Rorke's Drift model, I noticed this company, who have created a 28mm scale model of Rorke's Drift with accessories in a box set.

It is known as the 'Horns Of The Buffalo Collector's Set' and looks okay as a kit.

Anybody else seen and/or bought this ?

Coll
Cub

Coll, all the laser-cut MDF accessories (by 4Ground) in the set are now available separately, so it's a lot more affordable. Previously the only commercially available Rorke's Drift model I know of is the Redoubt Enterprises one in resin. I reckon this MDF one blows it out of the water.

The hospital building, for example, has separate dividing walls inside which can be removed and replaced with holed sections for gaming.

My one reservation with the set is the size of the mealie bags, which look very big for 200lb, but that's probably a bit nit-picky.

Since Warlord have bought Empress Miniatures too, there is a great range of models available, including NNC and the various mounted irregulars.

If I was in the market for collecting AZW in 28mm scale it's where I would be buying. Sadly I'm not, probably leaning towards 1:72 and the various HaT models, if I ever got time to do them at all, which is doubtful.

Cub

Yes. It is Redoubt Enterprises Rorke's Drift model I've got and assembled on top of my unit, minus the 2 metal wagons, as they looked out-of-place against the resin items, as I'm leaving the model unpainted, though I had to cut small sections of wood (using chopsticks) for the veranda posts of both buildings.

I might get this other whole set, even as a Collector's item.

Coll
Rorke's Drift Box Set - Warlord Games