rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
54mm Scale Zulu War Themed Model Garden Design Items ?
Coll

Lt.

I've been interested for a while in designing a Zulu War themed garden, which has been reactivated after watching The Chelsea Flower Show Opening, as well as a programme called 'Model Gardens', where the designs are created on an accurate scale model.

I've got ideas of Zulu War items to be included, such as structures and hard-landscaping materials, from wagon parts (wheels, etc.), solid mealie bags for wall/fountain construction, etc., strengthened glass large size frames for portraits of those awarded the VC, and so forth.

Do you know of any companies that supply 54mm scale garden items, or architectural items, that can be used in conjunction with 54mm Zulu War materials to create such a themed model garden ?

Some materials can be made by myself, but actual items, of any sort, produced in this scale would also assist.

Thanks.

Coll
AMB

Coll,

Many years ago W Britains Ltd [when it was British!] used to make a 54mm (1/32 scale) model garden. 1960s to mid-70s I would think. Maybe e-bay may source some parts, or even the whole for you?

AMB
The Lt.

Col

I'd recommend yo check out the following web site www.upnaway.com/~obees/soldiers which will provide you with a number of webiste of a number of manufacters and shops that provide scenic and diorama items that may be of some help. Be sure to click on the links which John provides on his website. Hope this is of some help....The Lt.
Coll

Lt.

I very much appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Coll
54mm Scale Zulu War Themed Model Garden Design Items ?