rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Wargame rules playtesting
Simon

Hi,

I have over the past year or so been writing a set of wargames rules, types with a view to getting them published. The particular company in question is interested in publishing them, so it all looks promising � it will be the second piece of work I have done for this company. The rules/lists are primarily for the AZW but do have appendices for other colonial troops.

The project consists of a large historical section, rules, army lists and scenarios and run in total to about 30,000 words.

The historical section has been, very kindly, proof read by a couple of members of the AZW forum, who have corrected a number of little errors and I am happy with that aspect of the work.

I feel that the rules are about completed and they hold up well in the play testing that I have carried out, however if any gamers fancy taking look at the rules/army lists sections, with view to play testing them & providing me with one or two points of criticism or feedback, please let me know.

It would help if the players are familiar with the Games Workshop �Warhammer� games system, but it�s not vital because the rules are �stand alone�.

Cheers

Simon
flawedhero

Hi Simon,
be interested to give your rules a go, wargamed for a number of years and familair with various editions of warhammer rules , are these the rules youll be using at wmms? havent been to a wargames show for years was thinking of going to wmms but your post made my mind up definitely
Simon

Hi,

Yeah, I will be using the rules at WMMS either in their full version or a cut down one (depending on how many players and their familiarity with WH).

If you want to attend and have a game, please feel free.

I can be reached on [email protected] for more info

Cheers

Simon
Wargame rules playtesting