rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
John Young
HARMAN

John I personally feel it�s because of me that you have decided to leave this forum.
I have my own way of impressing myself if I feel someone is having a dig I will retaliate its just the way I am.

However this forum needs you in order to maintain the high standard it is giving to its members.
We have had our ups and downs going back years however it appears to most on this forum that I have over stepped the mark. I cannot offer this forum the knowledge you can. So it order for you to stay I offer two solutions.

1) I will be more careful in what I post and the wording I used and be more professional in my approach to this subject as not to up-set yourself and other forum members.
2) The only other option left is for me to leave the forum, which I�m willing to do whole heartily if it prevents you or others from leaving.

Alan and Peter have work very hard and that�s why this forum is the best when discussing this subject and when someone of your standing decides to leave then action must be taken to prevent it. It�s not fair to put Alan and Peter in this situation.

This Message also goes out to Mike Snook. This is a sincere message from me to both of you and to the entire forum members.

Please consider this and let Alan and Peter know your decision if you wish to post your reply on the forum then please do so.

Yours Sincerely

HARMAN. P
ANDY LEE

Hi John

Honestly mate if there was a Premiership of Zulu War experts you would be up there in the Champions leagues top four.

I learn so much from your threads & like many others have found your help invaluable over the years. I would have no hesitation in applying for the post of Chairman of 'Convince JY we need him Campaign' because we would all loose so much if we didn't have your help on this forum.

I do not know what has gone on as I've been heavily into my VC research of late but it would be so good if we could draw a line under what ever has gone on without loosing anyone.

So please John do not leave our Critchley boys posse Smile

Peter

Please could I change your option 2 & replace it with 'Putting an extra couple of quid in the poppy tin'.

Andy

diagralex

The loss of John Young's knowledge, Input and invaluable assistance which he has given freely to all over the years, can only be likened to the receipt of the news of Isandlwana in 1879. Shocking !!

I can only hope that he will reconsider his opinion and once again help us all on this forum.

Graham
please stay
clive dickens

John
I can only repeat what Graham has already written PLEASE RECONSIDER
Clive
Alan
Site Admin

Would members please note my entry in the 'Welcome' section.

http://www.rorkesdriftvc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14986#14986

Never usually active on this forum, but I'm always reading through the invaluable information this website & forum provides.

But i think Harman has been treated very unfairly indeed. I've almost been sickened at some of the things i have read, where people have been ganging up on him & such.

I know my opinion doesn't count for much as i never post on here, but i try to read everything i can on here.

Alex
Scapegoat ?
Sapper Mason

Dear Hawkwind ,
Nice to hear from you , sadly in all aspects of life there is a scapegoat , look at LEE HARVEY OSWALD as an example ! , I hope we all learn lessons from this unsavoury episode and that we don`t , " throw stones in glass houses " , rather apt as a GLASS HOUSE was a term for a military prison ! . Guide lines have been drawn up and lets as intelligent people adher to them , the world has enough problems to deal with , at least Spurs have a decent manager now ! . It is hoped P Harman will not be damaged by this and J Young returns , Sapper . Wink
garywilson

Like Hawkwind i am an ardent visitor to this forum and and an infrequent contributor - mainly because i do not have a great depth of knowledge and i am wary of receiving a scathing reply.

I would be greatful if someone could cite a specific example of where Harman has breached any of the guidelines ?
Hawkwind

Hello Sapper Smile . I think you've summed it up perfectly there! Smile
reaso0n
clive dickens

Quite honestly I only "piped up" because I do not wish to see John Young leave the forum his knowledge of the Zulu war is vast I have nothing at all against Mr Hammond the trouble with forums you are always likely to have something written which you do not like if you are going to take an active part and you have to learn to take comments on the chin so in this case both parties should shake hands and forget.
Clive
John Young