rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Rorke's dcrift hotel
Nicki von der Heyde

just a couple of corrections to Peter's post; Aikenhead is spelled without the "t" and the tour operation that Charles runs is called "Campaign Trails Adventures". I am his ground operator and many of his clients are visiting British Army troops doing adventure training activities in conjunction with battlefields. The activities and successes of Campaign Trails motivated Charles to the idea of the proposed hotel.
Haydn Jones

Peter

Thank you for posting your findings. As you say, the facts about the hotel development should hopefully allay the rumours (if not my reservations - no pun intended!). Does seem a trifle odd though that details of the development have not come forward from the interested parties until this seemingly advanced stage in the process. Still, as intimated elsewhere, I'm not a citizen of the RSA so none of my business really.

Dewi

I haven't received a leaflet! They must only be sending to the posh Welsh and not to the riff raff like me! Laughing

Nicki

Thank you for the extra information.
I must say I'm a bit confused now as to whether it is the success of Campaign Trails (as mentioned in your post) that is the motivating factor behind the proposed hotel or the "local demand" as reported to, and by, Peter in his. On reflection, I guess that in the final analysis it doesn't really matter, provided the local community really does benefit. Can I just ask please if you envisage setting up a web site at some stage about the project and its progress?

H
Peter Quantrill

Apologies for the errors, and of course in my posting 'sight' should read 'site.'
Rorke's Drift Hotel
Dewi Evans

Does any member have any further information on this Hotel project at Rorke's Drift Question

Dewi.

Hello Dewi

This is their website

http://rorkesdrifthotel.com/

phase one should be open december, I may stay there next easter if its finished as they claim

JK
Dewi Evans

johnk,

Great, thank you very much Very Happy

Regards,

Dewi

Just returned from SA where we spent two days at this hotel. The location is superb and the hotel blends in well with the surroundings. Charles and his staff are very friendly and helpful and the prices won't break the bank. We also stayed at Isandlwana Lodge and, of course, the Lodge is in a league of its own but if you are on a budget then the RD hotel is the place to stay for the nearby battlefields. Even if budget is not an issue, you should spend some time here to soak up the atmosphere.