rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Zulu War Battlefields On-Line Video (Tour?) Details
Coll

I've accidently thrown out literature I received the other day, which contained an order form for the latest book mentioned in the Book Section, details about the new figures and accessories from Britains, but there was also information about an on-line video (tour ?) of the battlefields, which I think costs � 10 per year.

I don't even recall who it was from, as I hadn't sent for the details.

Did anyone else receive something of this nature recently ?

Coll
video tour
Robert John

Coll,

I haven,t received any info. but I know that if you log onto the Museum section of the Anglo Zulu War Research Society [AZWRS] for a small fee there are many films of the battlefields to be seen.

Robert

Coll

Sounds like you had the same stuff that I received (via the AZWHS). The "online museum" advertised is at www.zuluwarmuseum.com. It costs �10 pa and is said to feature videos of the AZW battlefields. I guess that is what you are referring to? If it's helpful, I have my own (amateur!) footage of the battlefields, fugitives trail etc, on DVD. If you're interested, contact me privately and I'll sort something out for you.

H
Coll

Robert

Thanks for your reply.

Haydn

Does sound like the same thing. However, I'm not sure how the AZWHS had my address.

I do recall getting 1 or 2 copies of their journal, but that was over a decade ago, not certain if this still makes me a member, even after all this time.

Thanks for your most generous offer. Perhaps I can get back to you on that, sometime in the new year ?

Coll
Haydn Jones

Hi Coll

I haven't renewed my membership either (got fed up with all the journals being "online" only") but clearly we are still on the distribution list nevertheless!

That's fine about the DVD - whenever. It only involves my running off a copy (no charge!) on my pc and popping it in the post to you. It's not a problem.

H
David Payne

Hi All

Yes on the site mentioned above there is video footage of most of the zulu battlefields, and to places not usually visited, and one with David Rattray going to the King's grave.

All of the proceeds go towards the "Zulu Village" at Rorke's Drift

David
Sawubona

A worthwhile site! I finally shelled out the registration fee last night and consider it the best ten quid I've invested in quite a while! I urge you all to join and spend some happy hours hiking the battlefields in far off KwaZulu/Natal in the comfort of your computer chair. Seriously, it's not quite being there, but the next best thing as the snow accumulates to a couple of feet outside my window.
And the Zulu Village at Rorke's Drift looks great! Emmanuel (sp?) and company seem to be doing an outstanding job of it! Well done!
Zulu War Battlefields On-Line Video (Tour?) Details