rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
John Young - Use Of Durnford Portrait Permission ?
Colin

John Y

If out there, do I still have your permission to use your Durnford portrait photograph from this site, to get enlarged for a mosaic project ?

This is called 5d diamond painting, where you can send a custom image to get it enlarged along with the pieces to do the mosaic yourself, something I started with supplied mosaic images as a bit of a hobby during lockdown

I had planned to get just a poster-size print done, but this will give it a different effect, rather than just 2-dimensional, plus it will give something to do related to my interest.

Thanks in advance

Coll
Alan
Site Admin

Are you able to post a link to the section here with the specific photo?

This is the article with the photo John added -

http://www.rorkesdriftvc.com/Isandhlwana/Durnford.htm

As I�d be sending it to get enlarged, etc., just wanted to be sure of copyright, if there was any problems needing confirmation of who owned the image I used

I�m always unsure of such things, don�t want to do anything wrong, though it is for personal use, not to publish or sell.
Colin

Here�s the ronin/samurai I did the 5d painting of to show the effect, it�ll look brill for the poster-size Durnford portrait too, suitable for framing -

John Young

Colin,

Feel free to, it might have been easier to pm or e-mail me.

JY
Colin

Thanks John.

I can�t order it for a few more weeks as other things to do, but knew you visited the site on occasion, with not really in contact with other members any more, didn�t want to contact you direct out of the blue sort of thing.

With the use of your photo confirmed, I�d like to get two versions done for different locations in my house - one being the b&w image, the other the colourised image as been wanting to do this for ages.

If they hopefully look any good, I�ll post images here if interested.

They take a long time to do, but the effect should be great.

Thanks again
John Young - Use Of Durnford Portrait Permission ?