rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Reversing Of Famous Durnford Portrait
Colin

I�m convinced I obtained a copy of Mackinnon & Shadbolt�s SA Campaign book, where the Col Durnford portrait had him looking to the other side than in the known portrait.

With recently acquiring another copy, I am curious to see how the reversed portrait of him looks, if that is what I saw or if he had another photograph taken on the same day ?

Many thanks in advance to anybody who posts a reversed version , where he would be looking to his own right not to the left

I�m not tech-clever enough to do it myself

Last edited by Colin on Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alan
Site Admin

Colin,

unfortunately, the sites which enabled me to load illustrations are now not doing the free versions.
I'll have to see if there's an alternative.

Alan

It�s okay. Checked the net and found out how to accomplish it using a facility on my iPad.

Learned something new today
Colin

You know, for all it is just a reverse image, it changes the dynamics of the portrait quite a bit, in my eyes anyway, as in a way it doesn�t look like a mirror image, but another photo taken on the same day when he looked to the right as if hearing on seeing something.

This is definitely the portrait I saw years ago in a publication, regretfully not a second photo taken, just reversed
Colin

How interesting, seems like someone has the page I was talking about, assuming it�s from the Shad and Mack book, showing Anthony looking towards the right -

https://www.facebook.com/KZNBattlefieldsRoute/photos/pcb.3069962949798877/3069928863135619/?type=3&theater

Knew I wasn�t imagining it...
Reversing Of Famous Durnford Portrait