rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Season's Greetings
peterw

The time of year has arrived to thank Alan for generously hosting the site and for the company and contributions of members. We've had some interesting discussions which I hope have added to members' knowledge.

Some days, weeks even, have been quiet with little conversation. Personally, I think this is a good thing. I liken this site to a neighbour that you may not see every days but enjoy the occasions when you do meet up.

Long may it continue.

Peter
Coll

Well, I've been glad to be back on the forum this year, as the maintaining contact with fellow enthusiasts being very important to myself - not many AZW fans living in my neighbourhood.

I joined this site in 2005 ! - I've chatted, discussed, debated, argued, laughed and unfortunately also fell out big time with other members over these years.

Alan/Peter - how you've tolerated this annoying and stubborn Scotsman all this time, what with his Durnford interest (obsession Rolling Eyes) and his insisting on barging ahead no matter the cost on his 'crusade', puzzles even myself, but thank you.

To my fellow enthusiasts - next year I'll be known as Coll The Quiet, regarding specific aspects/participants in the AZW - that is both a promise and New Year's Resolution which can't be broken, as I've made other promises to family members at the same time, so it is unbreakable.....forever.

2013 I hope will bring good things to all, both here, but mostly to my immediate family, as it as been an exhausting, energy-draining 2012.

I'm also hoping the forum will be much, much busier, as less posts means less activity, meaning less interest, which'll lead on to........nothing.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Time to get back to my whisky.🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷 Wink

Best Wishes

Coll
Peter Ewart

May I add my thanks, too, to Alan & Peter for making this site available & hosting the forum on our behalf. Many good friends have been made through original contact here - one more reason for appreciating this forum. I'd like to wish all the contributors a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Peter
Mel

I think Peterw has made a good point and the major topics have now probably been comprehensively covered but I'm sure we will find something new to talk about in 2013.

Thanks and best wishes to Alan and Peter and, perhaps, we can look forward to more discussions (and a meet up) next year?

A Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.

Dewi Evans

Hi everyone,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Dewi.

Site Admin

I've been away for a few days and hope you have all enjoyed your Christmases.
I'm not like like my kids in that they can go to the internet from wherever they are.

Thanks to you all for your good wishes and contributions throughout the year.

I look forward to another round in the new year.

Best wishes to you all.

Alan