rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Diorama's
Zulu1

Thought i'd do a couple of small diorama's. Not the best in the world I know as I've never really done this before but found it very therapeutic.

The Lt.

Very nicely done Zulu1. By chance if you haven't visited the thread The Telling of The Zulu War I'm sure you'll find it may help in considering the use of 1/32 54mm figures in creating your diorm and the buildings and lay out in setting up your Mission Station should you go that route. Plastic figures would be the best way to go if cost is a major factor and Conte offers a nice selection of unpainted plastic figures you could put a paint brush to. You can scartch build your Building and creat you own mealie bag walls for your Mission Station either in 1'32 or 1/72 and plastics in the 1/72 scale give you more figures for the buck or pound. Hope this has been of some help and please feel free to touch base with me ifyou need any help.......The Lt
Zulu1

Thanks for your comments and advice LT. I've have a good look at your thread and joined the website you also have your pictures posted on. As I said on your other thread your work is exceptional and an inspiration to beginners like myself. Keep up the very good work.

Dave
The Lt.

Zulu1 wrote:
Thanks for your comments and advice LT. I've have a good look at your thread and joined the website you also have your pictures posted on. As I said on your other thread your work is exceptional and an inspiration to beginners like myself. Keep up the very good work.

Dave

Glad to be of some help Dave and look forward to seeing what you have in store for us in the future......Joe
Kiwi Sapper

Location: Middle Earth & Home of Narnia; (Auckland, New Zealand)
Dioramas...Hmmm. They appear to be becoming popular .

As a result, I draw my learned colleagues attention to the following example up on Ebay.

Item number: 170343512677

Seems a quality product and before anyone comments, I have no knowledge of the seller. (He's at the top of the world and I am at the bottom).

It just seems a good example.

It was a confusion of ideas between him and one of the lions he was hunting in Kenya that had caused A. B. Spottsworth to make the obituary column. He thought the lion was dead, and the lion thought it wasn't.
The Lt.

Kiwi Sapper they've been quite popular for yearsfor those of us who collect Toy Soldiers and model kts to create them. The diorama being offer for sale will blen in with any of the periods collections and is extremely well done.....The Lt.

Coll

It's a pity I don't have any 54mm Zulu War 1879 figure collections, as it would have been a great pastime using them to design a diorama to base both the life-size figures on (copyright?), but also a life-size version of the same diorama.

An accurate 1/32 scale model of the planned full-size display.

Still, the figures I see/have seen, give a great idea of what looks good, all I have to do is imagine them 6' tall, with the wagon, etc., scaled to compliment them.

Coll
Diorama's