rorkesdriftvc.com Forum Index

rorkesdriftvc.com
Discussions related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879
Reply to topic
Christmas
David Glynne Fox

With Christmas fast approaching and another RD and Isandlwana anniversary approaching, may I take this opportunity of wishing all users of this site, all Anglo-Zulu War enthusiasts the world over, and particularly Alan and Peter Critchley, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let us hope more illuminating evidence on this great battle piece comes to light in 2006.
Kindest regards
David

Hi David,

A merry Christmas to you and all on the Forum and a peaceful and successful year to come,

Tony Ashford.
Rich

Let me also chime in and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a fine holiday season. I can't say how much I've enjoyed meeting all of you here, discussing and learning about this period of history that I have a great interest in. And it's not everywhere you can actually meet and talk directly with the writers on a topic like this so Alan and Peter kudos to both of you for starting it it all. One day when I can wind down a bit from my regular work I intend to delve a bit deeper than I can right now in all this rumpus here on the AZW! The best to you all and maybe one day I can have a couple of pints with you guys over the pond or in the land of Oz.
Dawn

Merry Christmas from down under where Christmas arrives first!

Wishing all the boys on the forum, and the girls too, a great Christmas and a fantastic New Year (which also arrives here first!).

Dawn
PS
Alan, where is the merry christmas emoticon? Smile
Michael Boyle

I too wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and hope that we all, in the festivities to come, will pause first to reflect on the home page Christmas message here while we celebrate with friends and familiy. ( Gaudy ties, yet another scarf, silly hats and fruitcake not withstanding!)

MAB
Rich

hey Mike I'm not sure how many US guys are into the Anglo-Zulu War but I'm gald yer one of 'em. I like yer posts....er......very erudite if I might say! I pick up alot from your mind. You make the kid here think! A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Michael Boyle

Thanks Rich, to you and yours as well. We all owe Peter and Alan for having managed to bring so many people together to stimulate one another's minds. It really is quite remarkable. Perhaps we can can share the concept in our everyday lives during the coming year.
Peter
Site Admin

Merry Christmas (a bit late, I know! Smile ).. And all the best for the coming year.. 2005 was a year for change (new forum, book reviews section etc), and I'm sure 2006 will be just as interesting!

We're glad that the new look forum has worked out, as it was a bit of a leap into the unknown.. I personally think that the quality of posts has, (if it's possible!), improved. It's heartening to see such lively debate on the forum, and you are all very helpful to new arrivals.. Keep it up! Very Happy

So, from Alan and myself, we wish you all good health and happiness for the coming year and beyond!

All the best,

Peter
Christmas